This one below is from April, at Cake Makes the World a Better Place (it does, you know) if ever there was a blog with a more apt title, I don't know what it is. April knows her cake. Oh yes, if you are in need of a sweet, icing laden fix then go and see April. She also likes pink, which is never a bad thing, in my opinion.
Thankyou so much, girls, to you both, I am incredibly flattered by the awards, and I need to pass them on, obviously! I forgot to do that last time, sorry, but am blaming it on my general scattiness of late...so, here goes,
5 Blogs that make my day to be awarded to...(drum roll, please!)
* Lucy at Attic 24- Lucy's blog is a recent discovery of mine, and I get incredibly excited when I see she has done a new posting. We seem to share a very similar sense of humour, and her photos are fabulous, whereas mine are always taken in a hurry and seem to be very blurry. Ah well...she also cooks a mean fritatta...
* Catherine at Mollycupcakes- she has been incredibly supportive to me since I started blogging and for that I thank her greatly. She also has VERY cute children, makes amazing spotty bits and pieces, some of which are scattered around my kitchen, and she always makes me smile.
* Kim at Ragged Roses, for thinking of me when she is getting dressed in the morning!! (haha) I always check in on her blog late on a Monday or early on a Tuesday, if I can, as it is almost guaranteed that she will have shared another interesting post of what she has been up to. Kims' blog is one of those that has me shouting at the computer (in a good, 'Me too!' kind of way)
* Michele at Cowboys and Custard, (have you seen her kitchen?!) but also, she makes me laugh so much. Again, a huge support to me since I started blogging and I do believe if we lived closer I would be permanently camped out on her doorstep, actually. If that's ok...don't go calling the police or anything...
* Nancy at Philosophyoflists. Blimey that girl can write a list, you know. And she is so good at it, as well! Nancy is the person who inspired me to blog in the first place, so really she is to blame. Sorry about that. I think she probably has a few lists simmering as I type, so do go over and check regularly, won't you?
* Alison at Vintage Amethyst- do you have room for any more awards, Alison?! Alison has a fabulous online shop full of beautiful things for sale, so do check it out. It's the perfect place to buy presents for yourself (or others, of course) Alison and I are on the same wavelength and do share some bizarre similarities...she is a very amusing, kind and lovely lady with a brilliant blog. Go and visit her!
* Val at Dottycookie. She has got a new allotment, you know! Val has een working VERY hard, weeding, digging and turning over soil to get her new plot in prime condition. Her blog always makes very interesting reading
* Tess at Driftwood...officially now a charity worker, due to the billions of pink gingham aprons she has been sewing of late for charity..atta girl! She should hopefully be emerging soon, more or less unscathed from the enormous pile of aprons, out into the sunshine!
* Tracey at Dragonfly. Her garden is AMAZING. Seriously, it looks like it should be in Homes and Gardens. Tracey is a wonderful person, who has been through so much but remains upbeat, supportive to others and actually makes me feel quite humble, really. She is incredibly talented, from crochet to stained glass to gardening to cooking. Darn it, I think I've talked her up too much now...Have a look at my bug infested nasturtiams, instead!
I don't know if I have bored you before on the fact that guttering is fabulous stuff indeed for growing, especially for radishes, as they don't need masses of space for root growth. They also grow very quickly...
And remember the herb garden that was first planted up a few months back? Well as you can see above, the plants are growing madly. A combination of far too much rain and a teeny bit of sun seem to be just what they like. Unfortunately some plants, like the parsley have gone to seed but the flowers are still pretty!
Hope you have all had a fabulous weekend. We were planning on going camping, but didn't make it due to the weather forecast. Instead we have been mooching about at home, cooking and gardening, and down at the allotment digging potatoes and pulling up weeds of triffid like proportions.
Thankyou all again for your continued support on the cafe front...I shall no doubt be back to bore you with further news soon!