Wednesday 21 November 2007

Sexy Pink



Just a quickie this evening. These are my latest creations...what do you think? I didn't really consider myself to be a 'pink person' until fairly recently. When I look around our home though there is, in all honesty, quite a lot of pink. These beads remind me of sweeties. The bracelet is winging its way to a friends daughter who has always admired the 'grown up' silver bracelets. This one is stretchy and a bit more practical for little wrists. It is purely coincidental that the earrings match, and a result of bead fiddling!

I am still psyching myself up to go live on ETSY...soon, soon, be patient!!

I think I mentioned a while ago that I am going through a green phase at the moment. (as well as pink, obviously). My lovely Dad has offered to decorate our living room whilst we are in St Ives in a couple of weeks time. Cue a mad dash to the DIY shop who were very kindly offering 30% off EVERYTHING. Try as I might I couldn't find anything else to tempt me other than paint charts unfortunately.

I was instantly attracted to the green shades on all 8 colour charts I had. The names are so inspiring..and also a little odd. What a job, thinking up names for paint colours!! Why do we never meet these people at dinner parties? (I never go to dinner parties, is that my answer? Possibly) I was particularly drawn to 'Sexy Pink'....for the bedroom, perhaps?

Our living room is quite long as it was originally two rooms and has since been knocked into one. We are lucky in that we have high ceilings, picture and dado rails and two chimney breasts. I have been brave and instead of chickening out and opting for a safe green have chosen...drum roll please...

Celtic Forest. I tried to take a photo to inspire you but alas, it looked like sludge. It isn't sludge coloured, but in fact a lovely deep (ish) khaki green with a hint of yellow. Hmm.I shall just have to take a photo when it is finished, as I suspect I really am not selling it to you. The woodwork will be white, and above the dado rail we are going for Orchid White. I can already picture how lovely it will all look, and all in time for Christmas too!

I am very excited about our holiday as I have got cravings for the sea and sand, and am keen to see our beachfront home for the week. I am also very excited about coming home. Sad.

8 comments:

Mocha Sticks said...

I LOVE the colour, and the beads. My daughter is a real Pinkie fan. In fact, if it's pink, she has to have it! (within reason of course...if it's Cath Kidston pinkie then Mummy has to have it!).

Garden Girl said...

Thanks pinkie! someone asked me in my office yesterday who Cath Kidston was. Out of my handbag came my red star wallet, my pink star makeup bag and my floral tissues. Sigh. I think she wished she had never asked.

dragonfly said...

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I spent a good couple of hours reading yours plus following the trails that lead from it!
Your jewellery is lovely...

Unknown said...

Is it wrong that I am more attracted to the child's pink beaded bracelet than the grown up silver ones? You are most talented Mrs Field and some ear warmers would go down a treat thanks. xx

Garden Girl said...

Nic, no it is not wrong, I am quite keen on them myself...do you like it enough to want one though? Did not picture you in a pink plastic beady bracelet somehow..ear muffs on way x

The List Writer said...

Pink and green both are favourite colours of mine.

And how can ANYONE not have heard of Cath Kidston?? Tsk.

Unknown said...

I do indeed like it enough to have one and received a similar version with pink and green beads on it from some upmarket boutique in London for my b'day from Sarah and Katie. I should be honoured to have an Anna Field original. x

Ragged Roses said...

I love pink and your jewellery is very pretty! Green is also another fav, pink and green together, even better. Good luck with Etsy
Kimx