Saturday 24 November 2007

Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen...



These are this years Christmas cards...coming soon to a doormat near you (if I have your address, that is!) I am yet to invest in a 'Merry Christmas' stamp and not too sure whether to bother or not. I quite like the minimalist look of these reindeer, with their shiny noses. It is quite unfortunate that I only had very shiny silver noses, not red ones. I do quite like the contrast though.

I have been wowed by the amount of bloggers 'buying handmade' for christmas. I have struggled so far in that all of the things I have bought handmade I have wanted to keep for myself. That's not really the idea, is it? But I am consoling myself by making lots of presents myself, in the way of jewellery...just have to convince the boys in my life to start wearing bracelets or get theirs ears pierced. Can't see either, somehow.

Maybe I should just stick with the cards for now!

Wishing you all a happy weekend x

5 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

Lovely cards!!! Definitely give those boys some jewellery! Take care have a good weekend
Kim x
Thanks for your lovely comments on Etsy! V glad you liked them!

Mocha Sticks said...

Ooooh they are lovely! How did you make them?

Garden Girl said...

Pinkie, I am shocked that you are asking me to reveal my secrets! But ok...I cheated majorly. I bought some xmas decorations from tesco, chopped the strings off their heads (no reindeer were harmed in the process) stuck them to the card and glued diamonds (albeit plastic) to their noses. All very simple and extremely cheap.

pink-petal-designs said...

Great cards !!
Sarah x

Mocha Sticks said...

ha ha! They are still gorgeous!