Thursday 27 January 2011

An even BETTER comment of the day

We had a power cut at work today. The whole street went out. A rip roaring pain in the arse when you run a coffee shop. I had a bowl full of carrot cake batter, another bowl full of mushrooms ready to cook, and customers who (bizarrely) got very excited about the whole 'lights going out and sitting in the dark' thing.

So, picture the scene. No lights. No coffee machine. No till. No heating (minus one degree this morning. Ouch) and all a bit dull and rubbish really. Four members of staff, all very keen for a nice hot cuppa.

One of the girls who works in the cafe said.....

Ready?

Ready for comment of the day?

"Shall I go home and get my kettle, bring it back here to plug in so we can have a cup of tea?"

Send help.

Please?

11 comments:

dragonfly said...

Oh. Dear.

Nicola said...

I have been known to say during a power cut when the family are moaning about the lack of a TV. Why not listen to the radio and yes you guessed the radio is not a battery one.

Gina said...

That comment is priceless!Hope you've got power today.

Lisa said...

Oh bless her!
Hope the power cut didn't last too long.
Lisa x

The Curious Cat said...

Oh dear oh dear...she was speaking before her brain was truly thinking...I sometimes do that... Well...that or she is very daft! xxx

kristina said...

Eeek! K x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

oh gaffuw gaffuw.. unfortunately that is exactly the dumb thing I would say!
Engage brain after mouth scenario..
Was it tres tres romantic having no lights? No need to answer.

Custardo xx

P.s Very very groveling apologies for lack of email.. on it's way.

Shannon said...

Absolutely priceless. I once remember someone asking if the toilets still worked when the lights went out. Yes, dear, they do.

blueberry hill said...

Love it!

Victoria said...

haha. Deary me :) x

Arctic Mum said...

Hi, thankyou for visiting me and leaving a comment on my blog! I love sticky toffee pudding too, and believe that it's one of the world's things I have too rarely. I would love to come and visit your cafe!